eLaw® Chosen as Best Docketing and Calendaring Software
in 2015’s New York Law Journal Reader Rankings
For fifth consecutive year, New York legal community names eLaw No. 1
NEW PROVIDENCE, N.J. – September 17, 2015 – eLaw, the leading Web-based platform that provides critical and up-to-date court-related case information, was recognized for the fifth consecutive year as the Best Docketing and Calendaring Software in the sixth annual New York Law Journal (NYLJ) Reader Rankings survey. eLaw was chosen as the winner from 15 other contenders and open write-ins for New York state.
Published since 2010, the New York Law Journal Reader Rankings is not a scientific study or an editorial analysis but rather it is a democratic process; the program is run by the NYLJ sales and marketing teams at ALM. In 2015, more than 8,400 legal professionals cast their votes in an online survey composed of 100-plus categories, encompassing the areas of Technology, Research, Accounting, Insurance, Financial Services, Litigation Support, Real Estate, Education, Recruiting & Staffing as well as Lifestyle and Client Entertainment. In total, over 500 firms were listed on the official online ballot, and voters were also given the option of writing in any firms not seen listed; approximately 300 firms received votes via the write-in option. Only legitimate end users (attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, etc.) were allowed to vote.
eLaw provides the local knowledge required by legal professionals to productively manage caseloads by searching and monitoring court dates and events. Subscribers have access to federal, state and select local and appellate courts in New York and New Jersey. eLaw’s features and benefits include:
- Ensuring that subscribers never miss a court appearance in New York and New Jersey
- Covering all 62 Supreme Court counties and five City Civil courts
- Providing filing alerts for New York and Kings County clerk minute books
- Notifying subscribers when subpoenaed records have arrived at the courts
- Conducting searches using index numbers or litigant names
- Eliminating manual data entry and errors by syncing with case management software, including Lawex Corp.’s TrialWorks™, Legal Labs Inc.’s LexPI, LexisNexis’ Time Matters™, Needles Inc.’s Needles® and SmartAdvocate LLC’s SmartAdvocate®
- Ensuring office and on-the-go access by seamlessly syncing appearances with calendars, including Microsoft® Outlook® and Google as well as Apple® iPhone® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
The top three award winners in all categories were listed this week in a special supplement of the New York Law Journal.
Since 2000, eLaw® is the leading Web-based platform that provides critical and up-to-date court-related case information. Annually ranked as the leading docketing and calendaring software by New York legal professionals, eLaw allows attorneys to search, monitor and manage active and archived cases, dockets and court calendars in New York and New Jersey trial courts. eLaw users locate cases of interest; register them for email alerts based on court dates, decisions, orders and notices; view individual assignment system dockets; and retrieve copies of any filed court documents from anywhere at any time. eLaw improves case management so that lawyers can practice with confidence. For more information, visit www.eLaw.com or call 973-642-1440, ext. 8.
890 Mountain Ave., Suite 300
New Providence, NJ 07974
Phone: 973-642-1440, ext. 8