eLaw’s court-related case updates keep pace
with New York’s and New Jersey’s attorney needs in a digital age
NEW PROVIDENCE, N.J. – September 8, 2015 – eLaw, the leading Web-based platform that provides critical and up-to-date court-related case information, is celebrating its 15th anniversary. Since its inception in August 2000, eLaw has maintained its core purpose of providing critical court updates to its subscribers, helping attorneys to never miss a court appearance. As the company celebrates 15 years of excellence in achieving this mission, eLaw has substantially evolved. What was launched as a basic tool for finding docket information has grown into a feature-rich suite of products that streamlines case tracking and management to help attorneys practice with confidence.
More than 90,000 legal professionals subscribe to eLaw, with several thousand accessing the site almost daily. Usage statistics for eLaw from August 2000 through July 2015 include:
- 69 million eDocket case searches conducted
- 16 million eWatch alerts emailed to subscribers
- 228,000 eServe orders processed
- 139,000 eCopy orders completed
eLaw’s offerings today include:
- eDocket: Comprehensive online search engine covering all 62 New York Supreme Courts and five City Civil Courts with unlimited free access to search case dockets.
- eWatch: Automated case monitoring by email alerts triggered by an appearance that is scheduled, rescheduled, cancelled or held; when motions are decided; a note of issue or request for judicial intervention (RJI) is filed; and much more.
- eCalendar: Automatic capture of any future appearance dates for a case being monitored with display in a customized calendar that allows appearances to be viewed in real time.
- eCopy: Ordered copies of any decision or court filing for all 62 counties in New York and all 21 counties in New Jersey as well as state, federal and appellate courts.
- eServe: Electronic portal to file and serve demands and other documents in all New Jersey personal injury protection (PIP) arbitration cases.
- Custom On-Demand Reports: Reports conducted by eLaw’s knowledgeable staff members on any query covering current and archived cases in the New York Supreme and City Civil Courts.
- Lawsuit Alerts: Earliest available notification of a suit by capturing new index numbers purchased in Kings and New York Counties by informing companies or a law firm’s client if it has been named a defendant in a new lawsuit.
For law firms and vendors to the legal community that want to raise their profile, attract new referrals or promote their offerings, eLaw also provides online advertising via banner ads that appear on the eLaw dashboard home page.
Current and prospective eLaw subscribers can contact eLaw Executive Director Dominick Esposito at (973) 642-1440, ext. 170, or to schedule a 10-minute online demonstration of any of the eLaw offerings.
Since 2000, eLaw® has been the leading Web-based platform that provides critical and up-to-date court-related case information. Annually ranked as the leading docketing and calendaring software by New York legal professionals, eLaw allows attorneys to search, monitor and manage active and archived cases, dockets and court calendars in New York and New Jersey trial courts. eLaw users locate cases of interest; register them for email alerts based on court dates, decisions, orders and notices; view individual assignment system dockets; and retrieve copies of any filed court documents from anywhere, at any time. eLaw improves case management so that lawyers can practice with confidence. For more information, visit www.eLaw.com or call 973-642-1440, ext. 8.
890 Mountain Ave., Suite 300
New Providence, NJ 07974
Phone: 973-642-1440, ext. 8