2/16/2017 – NOTE OF ISSUE EXTENSION STIPULATIONS
Inquiries regarding Note of Issue, NINA calendar, and Stips to restore a case are to be made in Room 282 or 774
- Caption must match Court computer including third party actions.
- Language restoring the case is required if the case is disposed or if stipulation is submitted after the NINA date. IF the case has been disposed over one (1) year, a motion to restore must be made.
- All parties must be accounted for in the stipulation, including parties in default, parties dismissed on summary judgment, parties who have not appeared or answered, discontinuances, etc.
- Signatures must be by an attorney; a law firm’s name is insufficient.
- Stipulation must indicate all discovery that remains outstanding.
- Extensions can be up to 60 days, or 90 days if the case is complex.
- Two stipulations will be accepted. If a second one is necessary, it must be accompanied by an affirmation of good cause. Any further applications must be made by motion.
- Stipulations must be submitted at least ONE (1) day prior to the NINA (disposal) date for signature.
- If a case was disposed for failure to appear at a conference, it may be restored on consent of all parties with a new conference date in the stipulation.