New York legal community names eLaw No. 1 for the fourth consecutive year
NEW PROVIDENCE, N.J. – September 17, 2014 – eLaw, the leading Web-based platform that provides critical and up-to-date court-related case information, was recognized for the fourth consecutive year as the Best Docketing and Calendaring Software in the fifth annual New York Law Journal (NYLJ) Reader Rankings survey. eLaw was chosen as the winner from 15 other contenders and open write-ins for New York state.
Published since 2010, the New York Law Journal Reader Rankings allows the New York legal community to acknowledge who they believe to be the best providers of products and services to their market. In 2014, more than 8,000 votes were cast in an online survey composed of 13 main categories, including Litigation Support, Research & Information Services, Technology: Software and Services, Consulting and Outsourcing, and Recruiting and Staffing. Voters had the option of selecting firms listed on the ballot or writing in their favorite firm if not listed. Once the survey was closed, the New York Law Journal team verified that the votes had been cast by lawyers or legal professionals.
eLaw provides the local knowledge required by legal professionals to productively manage caseloads by searching and monitoring court dates and events. Subscribers have access to federal, state and select local and appellate courts in New York and New Jersey. eLaw’s features and benefits include:
- Ensuring that subscribers never miss a court appearance in New York and New Jersey
- Covering all 62 Supreme Court counties and five City Civil courts
- Providing filing alerts for New York and Kings County clerk minute books
- Notifying subscribers when subpoenaed records have arrived at the courts
- Conducting searches using index numbers or litigant names
- Eliminating manual data entry and errors by syncing with case management software, including Lawex Corp.’s TrialWorks™, Legal Labs Inc.’s LexPI, LexisNexis’ Time Matters™, Needles Inc.’s Needles® and SmartAdvocate LLC’s SmartAdvocate®
- Ensuring office and on-the-go access by seamlessly syncing appearances with calendars, including Microsoft® Outlook® and Google as well as Apple® iPhone® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
The top three award winners in all categories will be listed in today’s special supplement of the New York Law Journal.
Since 2000, eLaw® is the leading Web-based platform that provides critical and up-to-date court-related case information. Annually ranked as the leading docketing and calendaring software by New York legal professionals, eLaw allows attorneys to search, monitor and manage active and archived cases, dockets and court calendars in New York and New Jersey trial courts. eLaw users locate cases of interest; register them for email alerts based on court dates, decisions, orders and notices; view individual assignment system dockets; and retrieve copies of any filed court documents from anywhere at any time. eLaw improves case management so that lawyers can practice with confidence. For more information, visit www.eLaw.com or call 973-642-1440, ext. 8.
890 Mountain Ave., Suite 300
New Providence, NJ 07974
Phone: 973-642-1440, ext. 8